Explore the art of balancing in this 3-part workshop with Jackie.
Holding balancing postures draw us into the present moment and provide a window into not only our physical bodies, but also our inner landscape both on and off the mat.
Each month we will explore a different group of balancing postures. We begin with Standing Balances (2/25), moving to Arm Balances (3/25) and finally Inversions (4/15).
In these workshops you will:
- Learn the tools and techniques necessary for balancing including core stability and energetic direction.
- Explore the whole cycle of a balance posture from entering into the pose, to holding steady, and then finally easing back out.
- Find your own way of navigating arrival in the balance, as well as the art of falling and how to do so safely.
- Experiment with both the focus and the playfulness, the discipline and the ease necessary in the journey of balancing.
- Learn how to be in conversation with gravity and work with it in order to fly.
- Come with your questions, your fears, your openness and your curiosity!
- All levels welcome.
$35 early bird $40 at the door
$95 adv sign up for all three