Meditation with Paula
Saturdays at 9am. Learn to calm the mind, quiet the senses, and increase concentration during this 30-minute guided meditation class. No experience necessary, and students of all spiritual backgrounds are welcome. Class exercises will include a short talk on living life more fully, a guided meditation through the senses, calming pranayama (breathing exercises), and methods for developing concentration. Donations are greatly appreciated but not required. 100% of of the donations go to the New York Foundling.
When there is clarity in purpose there is strength in action. When they join forces, we can be empowered to design a life of meaning and be the innovators and leaders we were meant to be. – Paula Tursi
If you have a dream or a goal but you can’t get over the fear of just going for it, this course will help you understand those fears and excuses. It will guide you take real, measurable action. You will tackle your demons and realize you have the strength to reach your dream, your true potential and your purpose.
This course will marry the psychology of yoga with your daily life, in theory and in practice. We will look into your shadows to find what is stopping you from moving forward and owning your life’s purpose. Each week you will take both spiritual and physical actions to create an alignment between inner purpose and outer actions. By the end of the 10 weeks you will have a comprehensive plan of action to take you to the next step on your life’s path that will align with your soul’s desire. This 25-hour course is part of the (CORE) requirements for any of the 300-hour tracks of Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. But this course is not just for teachers, it is designed to transform anyone with a sincere interest in developing their spiritual practice and understanding of self and bringing their dreams into reality.
- 10 tele-calls with Paula
- 10 calls with your peer group
- Reading and videos for at home support
- Weekly projects with insightful feedback
- Thoughtfully curated workbook that will help you build on the course and be a continuing guide to your journey
In this comprehensive course, you will:
- Use Jungian shadow work to uncover the most pervasive blocks hindering your growth.
- Be guided through hypno-meditation to set a clear purpose for your life.
- Use Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutra as a map for working with your life to help understand how to work with anxiety, eating disorders, addiction and depression.
- Move the locked prana in your bodies using yogic breathing practices designed specifically for you.
- Set goals that will be witnessed by the group, create a timeline, and clear a direct plan of action to bring your purpose to the world.
Create alignment with your inner purpose and your outer action. A week-long retreat, led by Paula Tursi, designed to bring out your true voice. “Teachers and leaders need to be led so they can tap into their inner voice and emerge deeper and more powerful on their path.” — Paula Tursi
Spend a week with Paula resting, relaxing and having fun. These are the best ingredients to make a long lasting change. In this joyful state you will be lead through a series of activities and discussions that will send you home clear, focused and the person you really want to be.
This course will count for 50 hours of your 300 YA requirements for your 500 certification.