Reflections 200-Hour Teacher Training explores the body from a holistic perspective.
Yoga was initially developed to bring health to the organs–bolstering vitality, strength and slowing the internal aging process. Therefore, this training explores movement as it affects the body anatomically, specifically how certain postures can express support (or lack of) for the organs.
Throughout these 200 hours, we will study the asanas in their classic form as well as from a developmental perspective, allowing you to develop a deeper understanding of body movement and to apply therapeutic techniques in your classes.
As we are a trinity of body, mind, and spirit, Reflections devotes a good portion of the training to helping you uncover your truest expression as a being and teacher. Through the sutras and other various spiritual perspectives, you will move through a series of mini-workshops that release you from prohibitive belief systems and infuse your life with the things you’ve always dreamed of. Think BIG!
This training will certify and prepare participants to master the following:
- Conduct a Vinyasa yoga class with precise adjustments and intelligent sequencing.
- Understand common skeletal problems and develop an understanding of how to work preventively and therapeutically.
- Apply Anatomy and Physiology to yoga and movement.
- Understand the breath and instruct appropriate breathing techniques.
- Sit in daily meditation and be able to instruct on the art of meditation from direct experience.
- Read and discuss Yoga Sutras, The Power of Now and Buddhist teachings.
- Learn from mini-workshops to better understanding yourself and those you teach.
- Complete written and practice assignments, as well as a final written evaluation and teaching demo.
- Meditation 6:30 am – 7:30 am
- Asana Practice 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Breakfast Break 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Anatomy 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Lunch Break 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Therapeutics, Adjustments, Sequencing 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Dinner 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Yoga Philosophy 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
(This schedule is subject to change)
- The Yoga Sutra of Pantanjali – Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Illustrated Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- The Places That Scare You – Pema Chodron
Please get these exact books. Condensed or abridged version will not be applicable.
- Yoga Mat Companion 2-4 – Ray Long
- Anatomy for Backbends & Twists – Ray Long
- Yoga The Science of the Soul – Osho
- The Living Gita – Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Sensing, Feeling and Action – Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen
These books are not required, but we suggest you check them out!
“Anamaya” is Sanskrit for “good health”, and that is our focus!
The Anamaya Resort is truly an exotic place, built on a cliff edge and overlooking incredible ocean views. The resort is a few steps away from epic waterfalls, surrounded by rainforests, and located in one of the world’s most beautiful tropical beach towns.
Our unique retreat center offers gourmet organic food, yoga teacher training, a variety of luxurious spa services, and an array of uniquely designed retreat packages, workshops and classes focusing on the body, mind and spirit.
“The month I spent at this training was perhaps the most transforming experience of my life… I am finally emerging into the teacher who has always been inside of me!”
– Katie O’Connell
“Paula is an amazingly gifted teacher, who I feel blessed to have had for my teacher training. Upon returning to London I have done a few classes which have just confirmed that I received some of the best training available.”
– Tyrel Smythe
“Paula Tursi is a veteran teacher with a wide range of experience and knowledge in yoga philosophy, anatomy, and sequencing. She completely embodies the teachings of yoga, in particular the mind science of yoga, and imparts this grace onto her students. I am very grateful to call her my teacher.”
– Lola Rephann
“Paula Tursi is extremely knowledgeable about not only the asanas, but about anatomy, yoga philosophy and personal growth. I feel well prepared as a teacher and better prepared as a person to move further into all the aspects of yoga. I would recommend this program to those who want to learn about all arms of yoga, not just the postures- as a true yoga teacher training should be.”
– Nancy Aufiero