200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Anamaya Yoga Center in Costa Rica 2014 & 2015
- July 26 – Aug 23 2014 (w/ 30 hour Thai Massage)
- Nov 15 – Dec 13 2014 (w/ 30 hour Thai Massage)
- January 10 – February 7, 2015
Please email email@example.com for instructions on applying for training.
Brief description or our 28 Day Intensive YTT
You will leave this training certified to teach yoga through Reflections Yoga, a 200 and 500 hour yoga alliance registered school. During the training we will explore the body from a holistic perspective. We will learn the asanas in their classic form as well as from a developmental perspective; you will develop a deep understanding of why the body moves as it does and be able to apply yoga therapeutic techniques to your classes.
Yoga was initially developed to bring health to the organs system in order to create vitality and anti-aging by keeping the inner organ body strong and vital. We will learn how to initiate movement from the organ body and see where some movements can be an expression or, conversely, lack of support of the organs.
As we are a trinity of body, mind, and spirit, Reflections devotes a good portion of the training in helping you to bring to light the things that are blocking your truest expression as a person and teacher. Through the sutras and other various spiritual perspectives you will move through a T series of mini workshop that will help you let go of belief systems that are no longer working for you and bring into your life all that you want and hope to be! Think BIG!
Anamaya Resort is truly an exotic place, built on a cliff edge and overlooking the most incredible ocean views. The resort is a few steps away from epic waterfalls, surrounded by rainforests, and located in one of the world’s most beautiful tropical beach towns. “Anamaya” is Sanskrit for “good health” and that is our focus. Our unique retreat center offers gourmet organic food, yoga teacher training, several types of yoga classes and retreats, a variety of luxurious spa services, and an array of uniquely designed retreat packages, workshops and classes all in respect to the body, mind and spirit.
This training will prepare and certify participants to:
- Teach a Vinyasa yoga class with precise adjustments and intelligent sequencing.
- Understand common skeletal problems and develop an understanding of how to work preventively and therapeutically
- Apply Anatomy & Physiology to yoga and movement.
- Understand the breath and instruct appropriate breathing techniques.
- Sit in daily meditation and be able to instruct on the art of meditation from direct experience.
- Students will read and discuss Yoga Sutras, Power of Now and Buddhist teaching as well as attend several mini workshops as the lens to again a better understanding of yourself and eventually your students
- Written and practice assignments, as well as a final written evaluation and teaching demo, round out the program.
Daily schedule will run from 6:30am- 8:30pm
We will hold sessions for 5 days and have the 6th day off; this is subject to change depending on the needs of the group.
It is recommended to use your time off to study and practice teach as well as spend time in quiet and even silence. This is necessary in order to assimilate and digest the work we will be doing together. There is a lot to cover in just 4 weeks and it will require a steadfast commitment on your part in order to complete the course. There will be time for study and practice teaching in order to prepare you for the final. You will be required to keep a journal throughout the program and will need to complete reading and writing assignments on time and there should be no more than one day of absence during the course. Attendance will be taken and more than 2 absences will restrict you from gaining certification.
Keep in mind, this is a journey of self-discovery, a time to release attachments to what is familiar and constricting. In order not to disrupt each other’s process, we will, as a group, abstain from the following during the course: sexual activity, drinking alcohol, smoking or drug use. This is not a time to vacation and party; it is a time for purification and clarity. On the evenings/days you have off, you are welcome to do what you wish as long as it does not disrupt the energy of the group. After the final testing is over, we will have a celebration party and prepare for integration into the real world.
A follow up project as well as 10 karma hours will be required for completion after the training.
A Sample Day
- Meditation 6:30 am – 7:30 am
- Asana Practice 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Breakfast Break 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Anatomy 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Lunch Break 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Therapeutics, Adjustments, Sequencing 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Dinner 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Yoga Philosophy 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- (This schedule is subject to change)
Required Book List
- Please get these exact books. Condensed or abridged version will not be applicable.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga – Ray Long
- The Anatomy Coloring Book, 2nd Edition – Wynn Kapit
- The Yoga Sutra of Pantanjali – Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Illustrated Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- The Places That Scare You – Pema Chordron
Suggested Book List
- Yoga Mat Companion 2-4 – Ray Long
- Anatomy for Backbends & Twists
- Yoga The science of the soul – Osho
- The Living Gita – Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Anatomy Trains -Tom Myers
- Sensing, Feeling and Action – Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen
About the Teachers:
Paula Tursi is the Founder and Director of Reflections Yoga and the internationally renowned Reflections Yoga Teacher Training Program. She has been working with alternative healing practices in New York City and internationally for over twenty years. Paula developed Reflections Yoga as a way to integrate what she found most inspiring in other practices with her own personal truth. She began her training at Integral Yoga, where she studied Hatha and restorative Yoga. She went on to work with esteemed teachers such as John Friend, Rodney Yee and Angela Farmer. She has also worked extensively with Leslie Kaminoff and Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen in the art of yoga, breath work, anatomy, and movement awareness practices. She is certified at the 500-hour level with the Yoga Alliance and is an affiliated Anusara teacher. Most of her current studies are in Body Mind Center with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen.
Paula’s work focuses on the alignment of mind and body, understanding that we move not only from our muscles and joints, but also from the support of our inner body. Movement or asana can start from the inner or outer body, however, movement initiated from the inner body can be an expression of the organs bringing awareness and health to the deeper systems of the body. Her teaching and insights are born of the ongoing study of anatomy and kinesiology with master teachers such as Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Irene Dowd, Tom Myers, and Gil Hedley for anatomical dissection.
Paula holds a Masters degree in Psychology from Columbia University and a Masters degree in Education from Hunter College. She did her clinical post-graduate training at the Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis. Paula conducts biannual Teacher’s Trainings in New York City and Latin America, teaches workshops nationwide and in Europe. She teaches on going classes, holds corporate workshops and offers individual instruction in breath awareness, partner yoga and yoga for body ailments.
Peter is from Copenhagen, Denmark. He has studied a great variety of Massage, Yoga and Healing Techniques. Peter has 20 years of experience and a great interest in the art of Thai Yoga. He has developed this workshop to work specifically with corrections and alignment of the body.
Reflections Center for Conscious Living is an urban oasis nestled among giant financial institutions, Times Square, Broadway theaters and luxury high-rises in Hell’s Kitchen, midtown Manhattan. We welcome and invite you to transcend the tensions of city life and join us for a “just right” yoga class with some of the best teachers in NYC, an illuminating talk, or a super cool dance party. Come to Reflections and celebrate all of who you are!
Click for info about Reflections’ yoga teacher training programs! Reflections Center for Conscious Living specializes in Yoga Teacher Training Programs & Retreats/Holidays/Vacations in Honduras, Costa Rica, India, Guatemala and New York and offers Yoga classes and workshops in New York City (NYC). Reflections prides itself in offering pure and essential yoga.